If your flossing habits and style need a boost, consider using a water flosser. Creekside Family Dental dental team recommends water flossers, also called oral irrigators for our patients who struggle with flossing daily. Water flossers clean your smile safely and efficiently. So, if you tend to avoid flossing, we recommend trying a new water flosser so you can enjoy cleaning your smile each and every day.
How to Use a Water Flosser
- Make sure the base, also known as the reservoir, is filled with lukewarm water. Select the tip you would like to use, and adjust the pressure control to the level you prefer.
- Lean over the sink and press the tip of the water flosser in your mouth. Close your lips around the tip and turn the unit on. It’s important to keep your lips tight around the flosser.
- Start by rinsing between your back teeth and pause briefly at every crevice. When cleaning aim the flosser tip just above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
- When you are done washing the food particles and plaque from between your teeth, turn the unit off and then press the “Tip Eject” button to remove the tip.
Why Use a Water Flosser
- Evidence proves that it is an effective way to deeply clean the crevices of your smile.
- It is easy to use.
- It effectively removes plaque and other harmful substances from your teeth.
- It deeply cleans the pockets in your mouth.
- It thoroughly cleans around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- It is safe and gentle.
- It reduces your chances of having periodontal disease.
Your dentist, Dr. Meredith McClay , and our team care about you and your oral health, and we recommend calling our office at 541-210-9661 if you have any questions or if you need more details and information about water flossers in Medford, Oregon. We look forward to supporting your oral care efforts for a healthy, confident smile!